literature, projects, Landscapes quality and character assessment methods, Landscape change dynamic
WG 1 reviews specific renewable energy production systems and their impacts on landscape character and quality in Europe from a past, present and future perspective (e.g. considering scenarios). A systematic review of the nexus between renewable energy systems and Europe’s landscapes’ qualities shall be produced and documented. A synopsis of landscape quality and character assessment will be established.
WG 1 began at the outset of the Action and operates for approximately 1.5 years, after which a report will be produced and an interactive workshop will be held. WG 1 will continue for another 1.5 years, but at a lower level of activity, to track new developments (e.g. evolving technologies, uptake in different areas of Europe) and produce dissemination products of the WG outcomes.
- Chair: Marina Frolova, ES contact
- Co-Chair: Csaba Centeri, HU contact
- Outcomes: Review papers, internet data-base. Will be published on the Outcome later during the project's life time.
- Members: You can get more information about the members of WG 1 by clicking on the photo or the name.
- Review of specific renewable energy production systems and their impacts on landscape character and landscape quality in Europe from a past, present and future perspective
- Systematic review of the nexus between renewable energy production systems and Europe‘s landscapes as multifunctional spaces, cultural heritage and basis for individual and social identification
- Pan-European documentation and synopsis of landscape quality and character assessment methods
- Establishing of criteria for reviewing of specific RE production systems and their effects (negative, neutral or positive) on landscape character and quality in Europe
- Selection of bibliographical and documentary sources (papers, books, book chapters, grey literature) with overall or more specific analysis of RE targets, policy and landscape assessment, in order to establish comparison for different COST action member countries
- collecting data on installed capacity, number of plants, year of first plant, owner of plants etc. per RE type for every Action member country
In blue: Installed capacity of small hydropower plants in different countries
In red: Geothermal energy in different countries – direct use and/or use for electricity production
In green: Existing and planned application of offshore wind energy in different countries
WG 1 of COST RELY TU 1401 Action is collecting information about the recent stand of different Renewable Energies in the Action member countries. Summaries will be displayed here during the Action's lifetime.
Germany: Wind // Photovoltaik // Biomass